Saturday, August 8, 2009

Log Cabin Run - Delafield, WI

This was a beautiful trail run in Lapham Peak State Park just outside of Delafield, Wisconsin. Normally very challenging on its own but Mother Nature had to throw in some (lots of) rain and thunder just to make sure we REALLY wanted to do this. Everyone had a great time and a great time. The after-run refreshments include the normal fare of bananas and oranges but there were also power carb drinks on hand as well, BEER, and Root Beer on tap!! A great event!

Please give us your comments, suggestions, and/or reflections on the race.
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Ran this race and finished top 15 but the race should have been delayed or rescheduled, and I do understand how difficult rescheduling may have been. I'm very surprised no one was hurt during this run, I know myself and several people I talked to had difficulty slowing while going down wet grassy hills. Also running through moving bodies of water was inevitable and that was not very safe because you did not know if you were going to step in a hole or slippery surface. But outside of that I really do like the race, the people and prizes are really good for a small race. I've been at large races that don't give out any awards but this one gives out 2 plaques per age division.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was not the weather I had hoped for when getting back into running. It was fun but very dangerous going down the hills as you couldn't slow down without falling on your hind-end. I have to agree with the previous post that they were lucky no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a blast!! Thanks for putting on a great race. Ya, it rained but that is what made it so much fun.

    ReplyDelete